Thursday, 28 December 2006

Build god, then we'll talk

First game for a number of weeks, I've been building some new terrain and doing all the faff that goes with Christmas. But this evening I fought Glenn's Necrons, and lost (again). I largely attribute this to him taking a Monolith and the Deceiver, and then sneakily hiding a unit of warriors for the entire game so his army didn't phase out and not on my own tactical decisions. Only lost by 140ish VP's!



I've got a real feel for the army now, and the chimeras I've added really help lay down some firepower while sheltering my vulnerable infantry squads. I just feel a little bad for collecting and painting an entire squad for them only to spend the whole battle off the table where they cannot be feared or admired. Puts me off doing an entirely mechanised army.

Warmaster Gorun went up against the C'tan in combat, sporting his shiny new refractor field. I was so glad I got it when the God's five attacks only resulted in one wound, and was prepared to 5+ it away until Glenn pointed out you don't get any invulnerables. 'Oh well' I though, 'Gorun will just get back up with his bionics just like Glenn's entire damned army has been doing all game', until Glenn pointed out that bionics don't help either. I hate the Necron list's slew of alterations, exemptions and errata to previous rules. The Monolith has so many rules that when they're fielded it is its own separate games system.

But it was a great game nonetheless. Might add some ratlings if I have the face the Deceiver again.

Labels:

Posted by Curis at 12:40 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids