Tuesday, 5 December 2006

Inside this business of the gun

Two more complete and utter defeats last week, one at the hands of Hemmingway’s marines, and the other at Turpin’s Night Lords (again). I thought the only weakness in the army was the flamers I armed some of the ‘storm trooper’ squads with (lacking any other special weapon models). Everyone is against my idea of the grenadiers doctrine, saying I need more men on the table to soak up firepower. I agree, though I liked not having to deploy entire platoons while my opponent deftly deployed a unit of five marines. I think adding a couple of chimeras to the infantry platoons will help balance the army, and let me hide squads inside so they’re not just crowding up my deployment zone. At least two, maybe three. At least downgrading everybody to trooper status avoids the dilemma of how to distinguish squats with lasguns from squats with ‘hellguns’. (I was thinking backpacks all round.)




On an even more structural level, I’ve been collecting all the FAQs and tournament packs in a huge reference folder. And Appendix One in GW’s 2006 40k GT pack details the ‘Counts as’ Rule. I might be able to use my squats with boltguns (and I have lots of them) as squats with lasguns in a proper tournament capacity. This’ll be useful now I need more troopers to bulk out my ranks. I think I’ll make a squad exclusively las or bolt weaponry. Oh, in fact I could put lascannons in the lasguns squads and heavy bolters in the boltguns squad. Maybe even separate them into las and bolter platoon. I am loving this idea. And carry the change through to the attached chimeras’ turrets with their multi-lasers and heavy bolters. Rock!

Labels:

Posted by Curis at 11:34 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids