Saturday, 3 February 2007

Exo-politics

This week my army has seen reinforcements arrive thanks to not one, but two parcels from the very generous Aircav. Not only content with furnishing me with some much-needed plastic arms and lasweaponry, he also sent on three exo-armoured squats to bulk out my existing squad. Three cheers and many thanks to Aircav!



I now have a grand total of eleven of the heavily-armoured eggs-on-legs, allowing me to field two squads. I have used them in a couple of my games, but been disappointed with their fire-power. I field them as Grey Knights in power armour as it matches their armaments (bolt pistols and power weapons), but I'm tempted to experiment with Deathwatch rules. The first squat model I ever bought was one of these exo-armoured fellas, so he's going to be modelled and painted up as the leader, and found a suitably impressive name.

I think it's odd how in the 80s and 90s Workshop gave every army plastic arm sprues and metal torsos, and in the 00s they gave plastic models metal arms, (like the marine metal shoulder pads, the hybrid Dire Avengers). It's a reversal, much like the way plastic's become the mainstay of the line in place of metal. I wonder what else we'll see reversed in the coming years...

This blog's been not updated for a week or so now, largely because I never finish anything I've started painting. It's getting frustrated the way I tail off with paintjobs and drift into painting another unit. This Chimera's only half-done, and I'm bored. But now I've seen this quick photograph I've taken, I must say it looks rather impressive and intimidatingly military in its rich green. Majestic, like Thunderbird 2.



With tournaments looming I need to take a really disciplined approach to my work. It's not that I've been slacking off my painting, it's just I've become less focussed in my approach. By tomorrow I have challenged myself to finish off the following squads entirely:

Armoured Fists
Their Chimera
Rapier Laser Destroyers
2nd Infantry Platoon Squad

Which I can add to the command platoon and first infantry platoon squad that are now all finished and varnished.

To help get me motivated I'll also start drafting a glossy tournament list done in the style of the old Citadel Combat Cards.

Labels:

Posted by Curis at 6:53 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids