Monday, 23 April 2007

New modifications

Now the pressure's off scraping my army together for the ETC I can take some time overhauling the hastily assembled units and develop them into proper showpieces. First up is my Russ Executioner.

The tournament made me notice some improvements I could make, mainly in choosing my vehicle upgrades. Out went the track guards. In came a set of double-width tracks (cliched yes, but ever-so-squatty), a searchlight, and an extra-width dozerblade. I also replaced the heavy bolter with an old-skool Squat one, which I plan to do with all my vehicles. I've finally got enough lasguns to replace the six in each Chimera.

Manning the old-skool heavy bolter is a barely-noticeable gunner peeping out the hatch. I also replaced the turret hatches, drilled out an aerial, and put a cigar-chomping heavy weapon commander in charge of it all.




Poor Russ. It started as regular Russ with sponsons, got converted into a Demolisher with a paint pot lid, got an Executioner turret and its sponson pulled off, and now it's been widened and extensively remodelled. What will its next exicitng adventure be?

Labels:

Posted by Curis at 10:36 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids