Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Q. What's yellow and dangerous?

A.  A canary with a machine gun.

Look at that. Led by a vintage Mekboy Speedsta with Bubbla Chukka, and accompanied by a converted Flakwagon. Looking good.

Of course, red's the traditional colour for Kults, as they're typically Evil Sunz. But Bad Moonz would have a lot of teef to spend on flash vehicles, so I feel I'm still adhering to the background.

These guys took to the field again last night against Si's Shadow Scorpions - and won 3-0. Si made the mistake of tackling my Gargant head-on, where its awesome firepower and big stompy boots made short work of the beakies. With my first win under my belt I feel justified modelling on some trophies using all the spare Marines I've got knocking about.

I've chosen to base every model in the army, mostly 2 pence pieces. It makes them look a lot more imposing on the table, and so much easier to handle. Tiny metal models just roll around and get their bottoms scratched chipped and generally mangled by gaming. And, I hate it when some models in an army are on bases, and others aren't. I can overlook it in 40K where basing large vehcile models is impractical. But in Epic, the baseless vehicle models can be based, and what's more, the bigger models (titans, gargants...) are based anyway. It brings out my OCD side.

Labels:

Posted by Curis at 9:33 am

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 14 October 2008 at 18:19:00 BST , Anonymous Rob said...

Very groovey! Now paint the boys green :P

 
At Wednesday, 15 October 2008 at 09:41:00 BST , Anonymous Amanda said...

You won! What's going on?! :-p

Love them - did you find any more 2 pences last night?

 
At Wednesday, 15 October 2008 at 21:37:00 BST , Blogger Chris said...

Nurrr.

I raided the Kick Box at work to get more coins.

 

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids