Saturday, 26 September 2009

Golden Demon tomorrow

Golden Demon tomorrow! I'm flat out finishing off my entry, here's a WIP.

Redtro Blood Angel

It's the first time in years I've entered Golden Demon. It's my first serious entry since I was a naive teenager, when Games Day was a major deal for me. I remember shivering with excitement the week before at school getting to go off for the day with all the guys in my teenaged gaming group and running amock in a beminiatured frenzy at the NIA.

Different this year. I went last year in the knowledge that I've grown out of a lot of the things that make it appealing. I now view it with that cynical detachment that gorwn ups have, rather than a kiddy frenzy. I would dearly love to be the right age to throw myself into the participation games with a sugar-fuelled abandon, run around swapping the contents of mystery boxes and gluing randomness together in the Scrap Demons. It's kind of like Monsterpocalypse to me - something that would appeal to me were I a decade younger.

But the Golden Demon awards are the major pull for me now. I entered them years back when I was young enough to qualify for Young Bloods. I also (very precociously) entered the mainstream contest, unaware quite how astronomical the standards of painting there are. I was crushed when I didn't get a statuette, but as a kid I had bounced back in minutes.

Labels: ,

Posted by Curis at 10:21 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids