Sunday, 27 September 2009

Project Change III

Next in line for my Tzeentchian forces is a classic Rogue Trader Renegade. Photographed against a much better blue fade background than previous blog entries.

Tzeentch's magic number, but square rooted

I love these old models. The original Chaos Renegade range oozed character and individuality. And they were goofy. I love goofy models.

Tzeentch doesn't have any real signature colours, Well, odd really as Tzeentch's lesser daemons are the only ones whose name actually specifies a colour. Oh, and thinking about it Magnus the Red also is spectrally defined. I digress.

Well, post-Heresy Thousand Sons are always done in blue and gold scheme to evoke the Egyptian archetype. I fancied red and gold (which are quite close to pre-Heresy Thousand Sons, though this guy's not necessarily one of them). But I didn't want it looking like my Blood Angel captain or a Khorne worshipper. So I headed in the pink direction, but not enough to make it look Slaneeshi.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Curis at 9:09 pm

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 15 November 2009 at 22:12:00 GMT , Blogger Dain Q. Gore said...

Goofy models indeed! I enjoy the humor of the Rogue Trader era as well as the flexible definitions of the Citadel models...the newer Space White Dwarf model makes me hopeful for the future of collector models!

I like the idea of playing with tints of red and gold without it feeling constrained to Khorne or Slaanesh!

~D

 
At Monday, 16 November 2009 at 08:03:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

Indeed. That new White Dwarf amazed me with the fact it shows Citadel's got a sense of humour. It reminds me of the old days with the Chaos Toilet and the Chainsaw Wizard.

 

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids