Thursday, 19 November 2009

Dark Angels Strike Cruiser

Carrying on the prepation for this month's Epic UK Grand Tournament, I've dug out my converted Strike Cruiser. Annoyingly this is one of my favourite models but one of the few that's not made the cut in the cut-down tournament list. (It was in for Britcon which was 4000, but this event is only 3000). In fact, most my favourite detachments in terms of painted models have been cut - Landing Craft, Scouts and Land Raiders.

Out of the sky, rockets ignite, jets into battle flying faster than light



This Strike Cruiser is not the standard BFG one, but a Forge World Grey Knight Strike Cruiser. I've got a retro vibe going in my Dark Angels, and the smooth angular plain surfaces of the Grey Knight version evokes this really nicely.

I filled in the High Gothic inscriptions, removed the huge =I= icon from the bridge and added a few accessories from the Dark Angels veteran sprue. Quite simple. I would like to weather this up with the Forge World weathering powders in future. One day.

And, in other news Epic UK have re-released their Space Marine army list - which clears up a lot of the schoolboy typographical mistakes. So I can no longer mock them with this.

Oh yes, I'm a written English nazi

Labels:

Posted by Curis at 3:04 pm

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 19 November 2009 at 21:02:00 GMT , Blogger Mephiston said...

Mock away, We have a thick skin....And I could resort to posting your current championship results :)

 
At Thursday, 19 November 2009 at 22:55:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

Urk! And after this evening's practice game where I was left with just one Thunderbolt it doesn't look like I can improve that any time soon.

 

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids