Saturday, 26 December 2009

Classic Flamer of Tzeentch - Project Change XIII

Back in September 1989, White Dwarf 117 had a page chock full of models painted and photographed by Fraser Gray - a suitably gothic-looking man whose backdrops probably served as the inspiration for the current range of 40K terrain pieces.

Fraser Grey - well, actually more black and white.

And among the weird Tzeentch conversions were the two Flamer-based ones above I've nicked the colour scheme from. (The prototype Flamer made me wonder if originally the Horror bodies were designed to fit on the Flamer torsos, but playing around with them I conclude not.) So here's my unconverted tribute. It's come out quite differently as I was really trying to veer away from painting my model red.

G1 Flamer of Tzeentch

Now to add it to the WotR movement trays I line up the Project Change models in. Or is there a better way to display them?

Another of my hobbies is browsing discount toy shops for cheap Transformers knock-offs. On one such stupid adventure I found a Jungle Rack playset.

In the jungle the mighty jungle

I bought it in a flash and hurried home excitedly. Some glue, sand, drybrushing, grassing and bushing later I had a gorgeous tiered display piece of just the right size and shape to put in my glass display cabinets.

The classic geek display cabinet from Ikea

Bowie Inconstantine and G! Tzeentch chums

First attempt at drybrushing a terrain type of thing for a long while, so it was a learning experience. I want some more subtlety which I might achieve with weathering powders. I also want more Jungle Rack playsets, if not least to melt down the tiny plastic lions with matches.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Curis at 9:09 am

4 Comments:

At Monday, 28 December 2009 at 03:49:00 GMT , Blogger Cyborg Trucker said...

I know they are showing the base detail for the night goblin. But doesn't it look like from the pose that he's taking a wizz? LOL!

 
At Friday, 1 January 2010 at 20:38:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

Weird thing is that either my copy of that White Dwarf is missing a page, or there's no actual front view of that model.

 
At Saturday, 2 January 2010 at 06:44:00 GMT , Blogger Cyborg Trucker said...

Nah you're probably right, the front is missing. They definitely had some weird layouts in the 80's mag. I loved them, but they were weird.

 
At Thursday, 18 March 2010 at 18:43:00 GMT , Blogger Kasper said...

"if not least to melt down the tiny plastic lions with matches"
Now that mad me giggle!
Thanks for a brilliant blog.
Best regards,
Kasper

 

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids