Thursday, 17 December 2009

Finally - Modern Pink Horrors - Project Change XII

Something more modern for Project Change - a Generation 3 Pink Horror (far right - the other models are a Generation 1 Blue Horror and a Generation 2 Pink Horror). Wow, this is not the normal crazy retro lead I obsess over, but sleek and sensible modern miniatures without big goofy grins.

All three generations of Tzeentch's Horrors

Well, I say modern - these models have tab dates of 2001, and they're also in the tiny part of the current Citadel range that's still in metal. Here's hoping for plastic Horrors with the rumoured second wave of Daemons.

I have to say , this model isn't great. This is my second attempt at painting one of this generation of Horrors, and both times I've been frustrated at the indistinct detailing. Not indistinct in the gribbly Tzeentch way of "ARGH THIS ARM IS MY MOUTH AND IT'S COVERED IN EYES", but in a subtley-detailed way that's largely lost in the molding and casting process. There are warbly bits I'm not sure if I should file off because they're tentacles or feedlines. There are what I imagine started as sharp crisp details that have been rendered down to smarbly indistinct metal wibbles during the production process. Not that fun to paint when you're trying to be a perfectionist. Maybe by the time I get round to doing the others I'll be used to the quality of the casts.

Haha - just got to work out how many variations of these models there can be with all the arms and horns.

And I now have nine horrors of various generations and scales.

All three generations of Tzeentch's Horrors

Labels: , ,

Posted by Curis at 9:09 am

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 20 December 2009 at 22:14:00 GMT , Blogger Skcuzzlebumm said...

Looking good as ever Chris.

Out of interest is this for anything other than a painting project?

Oh and hopefully you should have received my old PINK(!) horrors in the post. The guy I sent my old Praetorians to got them on Saturday.

Neil

 
At Monday, 21 December 2009 at 21:17:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

Well, I have entered the South Coast Grand Tournament (end of April) - and I could feasibly shoehorn it all into a Daemon army. But I'm a little concerned about the stigma of fielding Daemons, especially when they're themed around Tzeentch. We'll see. I could also take Project Change as a Warriors or Beasts army.

And yes! Thank you for the lovely parcel of Generation 1 Horrors! It was a lovely little Christmas present - especially as I'm so light on G1 Pink Horrors at the moment (hence the preponderance for the Blues). Top work mate.

 
At Thursday, 24 December 2009 at 06:45:00 GMT , Blogger Dain Q. Gore said...

I am officially jealous now! I have only one of the gen2 and one of the new Horrors and I have to say that yes, the smaller scale and detail is very frustrating...had the same problems with the crypt ghouls as well. I really wish I could find some more of the older Horrors!

 

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids