Monday, 11 January 2010

Alternative Blood Bowl Hobgoblins

New Year, and I'll be tentatively revisiting a classic system - Blood Bowl.

Blood Bowl Hobgoblins

The Chaos Dwarf himself was done back in November, and I decided it was best to crack on with the least exciting and most numerous models in the team - the Hobgoblins. Now they're out the way I can enjoy the three remaining Chaos Dwarves, and the centerpiece - the Bull Centaur. I do need to revisit these guys and number them, but I'm unsure if they'd be the low numbers or the high numbers. Any Blood Bowlers out there that can tell me how teams are numbered? Post a comment, or email me at the address right at the bottom of the page please!

The local gaming club took a break over Christmas, releasing that everyone spends Christmas with their families and other non-gaming personages. And when New Year rocks around everyone's gone cold turkey with their gaming and is desperate to get back. But the heavy snow has frozen us in, and cancelled club night. Just look at the icicles outside my office window.

Now that I'm frozen like a crystal ice age

And bleeding hell, does it feel good to paint rims in the classic Goblin Green.

Labels: , , ,

Posted by Curis at 8:07 am

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 14 January 2010 at 13:10:00 GMT , Blogger eriochrome said...

Traditionally Teams are numbered 1-16. Also lineman are usually at the end but this is not a requirement more of a trend noticed looking at the Team Rosters in the back of the Star Player book.

 
At Thursday, 14 January 2010 at 13:24:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

Aha! So I shall number these goblins 6-12, my Bull Centaur 1 and my Blockers 2-5. Thank you very much!

 
At Thursday, 14 January 2010 at 14:56:00 GMT , Blogger eriochrome said...

Leave space for the full roster with 6 dwarves, 2 bulls, 7 gobbos and mino so that if you expand the team later you do not have some randomly numbered players.

 
At Thursday, 14 January 2010 at 15:02:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

Even better idea. I've got an eye on the other Gaspez Arts Chaos Dwarves, but I vowed not to buy them until I finished the first ones and started to game with them.

 
At Thursday, 14 January 2010 at 16:07:00 GMT , Blogger eriochrome said...

Happy to help. I check out every blood bowl post that comes along on the FtW list. Those Gaspez minis look pretty good compared to the crappy GW team just picked up a Rolljordan frog team recent myself to expand my collection out to 30 teams. Started playing blood bowl over 20 years ago. I like your site here. Probably will have to add it to my blog roll.

 
At Thursday, 14 January 2010 at 17:09:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

Damn right. I'm lining up the Frogmen team as Slann, and they've just starting flashing pictures of some crazy Chaos team. It's nice having something a little different from the mono-plain Gary Morley sculpts and a bit more modern.

Liking your Tzeentch Blood Bowl so far! I was tempted to do Chaos Warriors myself, but I'm doing rather a lot of Tzeentch at the moment.

 
At Friday, 15 January 2010 at 14:24:00 GMT , Blogger eriochrome said...

As a collector of Blood Bowl minis, I have stuck mainly to the official GW stuff but did convert up a simple plastic lizardmand team a few years ago. The very recent GW plastics would be even better for that. When I play I like to stick to using my classic 2nd ed leads for Skaven, Pro Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs since they have more character than the current models.

 
At Friday, 15 January 2010 at 21:22:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

I saw a very nice GW-legal Slaan team a while back a guy had converted from the gangly plastic Kroot models with Lizardman heads. I may steal that idea as plastic is so fun to pose and convert.

 

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids