Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Thunderbolt Fighter Squadron

We're faster than evil! We're faster than crime! We're faster than love! We're faster than tiiiiiime! Oops. That was Ring Raiders. I always get flashbacks when I play with Epic aircraft. Especially with those transparent stalks.

Epic Thunderbolt Squadron

So, these Thunderbolts are the 3rd and 4th aircraft from C Squadron from the 1337th Imperial Navy Fighter Wing, in the colours of the 1st Ager Hominis campaign where they famously supported the Grand Master Obtusius of the Dark Angels Chapter (DEFFWING COMPANY).

These guys are glued to the stalks, but the stalks aren't glued to the base so I can swap them between standard flying bases, retro hex flying bases and Aeronautica Imperialis bases. Heck, I should go scour eBay and mount them on actual Ring Raider rings. Though sadly I doubt they'd fit my adult fingers.

I also decided not to base them to match the army (like my Ork Fighta Bomberz) so I could recycle them for other Imperial armies.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Curis at 10:45 pm

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 27 January 2010 at 00:59:00 GMT , Blogger Fugitive said...

Rally? 1337th :)

They look very nice. Being able to switch bases is a nice feature. But how on earth did you manage to type those tiny letters on the tail of the planes?

 
At Wednesday, 27 January 2010 at 08:20:00 GMT , Anonymous Curis said...

I got the pilots to do it.

 

Post a Comment

Type your mouthwords here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Battle Barge
EATATAU!!!
Gone to Ground
Dork Tower
Servants of the Imperium
Turn Signals

Other People

Bell of Lost Souls Alliance, Warhammer Blog Network

The FtW Blogger Group

Epic UK

Miniature Mentor



Botch the Crab
Drop Pod
Jeff Wilhelm
Mephiston's
Pink Tyranids